Eco fabrics are all the rage right now. High-profile designers have caught on this new trend and are creating attires that are trendy, comfortable, and hip.
We offer a huge variety of fabrics that are processed and manufactured sustainably. Asher Fabric Concepts stands for top quality, sound production, and fair trade. We focus on research to produce sustainable textiles to meet the demand while respecting our environment.
What Eco Fashion Tips Will Help You Go Green?
- Choose natural, bio-degradable, and organic fabrics over synthetic materials.
- Ask yourself, do you need to buy a piece of fabric? How often will you wear it? Or will it sit in the closet unworn? If you won't use it often, it's better not to buy it.
- Research about the fabrics you want to purchase? Find out if the employees are treated well by the company.
- Try to shop local. Locally produced materials have a lower carbon footprint. They also strengthen the local economy.
- Always choose quality fabrics which last longer than cheaper ones.
- Carry a reusable bag when shopping for materials.
- Avoid extra packaging; some companies wrap your fabrics with excess tissue. That is just wastage.
- To make your fabrics last longer, treat them with care.
- When you’re done with your fabric, be mindful of how you dispose of it. Using the trash bin should be the last option. You can choose to give it to family, friends, or even donate to charity. However, if the material is completely unusable or unsellable, try to cut it into pieces of rags, or put it to some other use. Do everything possible to avoid the fabric going to a landfill.
Which Fabrics Are Sustainable?
Organic materials are certified fabrics made from fibers grown without using chemicals such as pesticides or fertilizers. During the process, the fibers are constantly monitored and controlled, and organic farming is strictly observed. Before the fibers are certified as eco materials, they are checked for traces of additives, heavy metals, etc. For fabrics to be certified as organic, they need to contain at least 95% of natural fibers.
Eco-friendly textiles include:
- Organic Cotton
Organic cotton that is naturally grown and converted into fibers then textile is hypoallergenic. Examples of eco-friendly cotton are Calico and Muslin.
This is a bast fiber, and it's very sustainable. When the hemp plant is growing, it doesn't require fertilizers or pesticides. What’s more, the plant releases nutrients into the earth.
The process of production and manufacturing for hemp fibers are relatively safe with minimal negative impact on the environment.
Bamboo material is an eco-friendly textile made from bamboo pulp. The bamboo tree doesn’t require any fertilizers or pesticides to grow. It can be turned into yarn without the use of chemicals. Moreover, its fiber is renewable and biodegradable.
Fabric produced from this plant fiber is quite sustainable. It’s possible to harvest the plant up to 6 times annually without the use of chemicals such as fertilizers.
For the Best Eco-Friendly Fabrics
We have a wide selection of eco fabrics. If you have any queries, questions, or you want to place your order, simply give us a call on + 1 323-268-1218.